What makes Wild Atlantic Cycling Different?
We like to think of ourselves as right up there with the best, if not THE best. Why?
- We are a wholly owned Irish / N. Irish company with unravelled knowledge of the routes and areas you will cycle through and stay in
- We provide nothing else but Mizen to Malin (which we have coined ‘MizMal’). ALL our efforts go into ensuring that this trip is the very best it can possibly be with the highest level of service
- As a small company, our overheads are low and we therefore provide you, the customer, with incredible value for money
- We work extremely hard to make it easy for you to get here and get home – our customers can choose to be picked up directly at Belfast ferry port, Dublin airport, Dublin ferry port, Cork airport, or sometimes somewhere in between. This means you have a whole range of choices from driving with built bikes, footing it with built bikes, or flying with boxed bikes to an entry point that is most convenient to you. Some have even come the night before and we do a pick up from a B&B or hotel. Some pickups are subject to a modest additional fee
- We understand that your bike means a lot to you and you want to protect it. We cater for bike boxes which are taken from you at the start of the tour and returned to you at Malin Head for re-packing on completion of the tour
- We offer flexible set downs at Derry Airport, Belfast International Airport, or a Belfast Hotel at the end of the tour
- Our local knowledge means we can offer help and advice on evening activates, places to eat and of course the best pubs and music!
- We don’t ‘sub-contract’ the running of any of our tours. Our small team personally deals with all bookings, planning, route selection, and support whilst on the tour
- Feedback has highlighted that the level of detail we provide before and during the tour is second to none
- Feedback has highlighted that the accommodation we use is on average, of a higher standard than many similar tours
Wild Atlantic Cycling was founded by Paul Kennedy, a keen cyclist from the coastal town of Bangor, County Down. Paul is a member of North Down Cycling Club as well as a software professional. Having cycled in many countries, Paul still believes the west coast of Ireland truly is hard to beat!
It's worth take a few moments to watch the videos below of the Wild Atlantic Way and more specifically, some 'from the air' footage of a group of cyclists enjoying a peddle in the Burren.