Terms and Conditions
12/05/2016 (current version)
We try to keep our terms simple, clear and useful. If you have any queries please contact us.
- Our cycling tours are for adults aged 18 and over
- The rides can be demanding and therefore it is up to you to appraise your fitness level as adequate for your chosen tour before booking
- We are not qualified to give medical support or advice. However, please inform / advise us of any medical condition that you have
- Wild Atlantic Cycling does reserve the right to decline a booking for any reason we deem valid
Bookings and Cancellations
- A 20% deposit is due on completion of the Booking Form. Your place on the tour will be confirmed as soon as the deposit is received.
- The balance is due no later than 8 weeks prior to commencement of the tour
- We will invoice you for the balance (including any extras you have indicated on the booking form, such as single room supplement). if this is not paid on time we reserve the right to cancel your tour, apply the cancellation charges outlined below and reallocate your place
- We understand that things change. If you need to cancel a tour the cancellation charges below apply.
- 8 weeks or more before the departure date, you will forfeit your deposit
- More than 4 weeks and less than 8 weeks, a 50% refund will be given
- Less than 4 weeks before the departure date, no refund will be given (it is worth checking any travel insurance policy you have for cover in this instance)
- Tours are subject to reaching the minimum bookings required (normally 10 to 12). If we have to cancel, we will endeavour to do so by the date your balance is due (8 weeks before departure date). You will have the option of transferring to an alternative tour or a refund of all monies paid to us by you. In the case of inadequate group size, Wild Atlantic Cycling is not responsible for any additional expenses that may be incurred by you in preparation for the tour.
- Wild Atlantic Cycling may occasionally have to cancel a tour. We will do our utmost to avoid this. If a tour you have booked on does not run, for whatever reasons, you will be notified as early as possible and all monies will be refunded or an alternative tour proposed.
Bike and Equipment
- It is your responsibility to ensure your bike is in an acceptable condition and suitable for road use and well maintained
- Tyres must be in good condition with no obvious damage
- You must bring with you a small personal kit for all rides with 3 x tyre levers, 2 x tubes, pump or gas canisters
- We highly recommend that you bring with you and wear, a suitable road cycling helmet
- We will have a small supply of spares and equipment available at cost price. You will be required to pay for any items used by the end of the following day
- We will be careful when transporting equipment, however will not be responsible for any damage whether this occurs during the tour or whilst the equipment is in transit by Wild Atlantic Cycling Limited or by a third party
Insurance, Liability and Risk
- All cyclists must arrange their own travel insurance for the duration of the tour to cover emergency medical expenses, repatriation and personal accident
- We also recommend that you include insurance for baggage, personal liability and cancellation to your cover. You may be required to provide details of a suitable policy.
- In the event of an insurance claim, this must be directed to your insurers and not Wild Atlantic Cycling
- Your booking is accepted on the understand that you realise and accept that participation in cycle touring is at your own risk and that you must rely on your own ability in dealing with all hazards and ride in a manner which is safe for yourself and all others, obeying the rules of the road at all times. You also agree that you are medically fit and able to undertake this activity and that no liability whatsoever shall attach to Wild Atlantic Cycling in respect of illness, injury, loss or damage suffered by you, in or by reason of the cycle tour, save that caused by wilful neglect of the company
- Release of Liability - You will be required to sign a Release of Liability policy which can be downloaded in PDF format from here
In the unlikely event that you should have any complaint or cause for concern, please address the matter in the first instance to the Wild Atlantic Cycling representative who will do their utmost to resolve the matter there and then. If the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction, please notify us in writing within 14 days of your tour finish date with full details of your complaint. We will deal with your complaint fairly and reply to you within 14 days
- European customers are required to bring with them their European Health Insurance Card - E111
- It is your responsibility to ensure you arrive at the start of the tour or at a pickup time within a reasonable time as agreed in advance
- We are a small company with a policy of open communication and excellent customer care, so please be assured that any queries or questions you have will be dealt with as expediently as we possibly can
We endeavour to ensure all published content (online and offline) is factually correct at the time of creation. However, information is subject to change, including (but not limited to) schedule of holidays, prices, inclusions, exclusions and terms. Wild Atlantic Cycling reserves the right to make any changes deemed suitable without prior consultation or communication. Information on the website (www.wildatlanticcycling.com) normally takes precedence over information found in printed material or other media channels