1. General ethos is relaxed. Enjoy the sights.
2. YOUR responsibility to have bags labelled. Including ‘day bag’
3. Have you completed the ICE form? Any medical conditions / allergies noted?
4. Daily schedule – see section below
Once your bags are in the van, then you can proceed to collect your bike from overnight storage and visually check it. We ask that you depart no earlier than 8:30am. This will ensure you don’t arrive at lunch too early. If you feel you need a little more time and wish to leave earlier in the mornings, then please discuss this with us.
5. Evening - meals are booked in hotels?
6. Lunch is included on 2 days and others we have recommended stops ... Marked on Route Guides along with coffee stops
7. Emphasize Hygiene - Remove gloves and use hand disinfectant
8. Support team will move ahead and be at lunch location prep lunch in time for first rider arriving. Will wait until all riders through
9. Bags will be in reception when you arrive
10. Where practical, the support vehicle will ‘leap frog’ the riders. If we pass don’t wave unless you want us to stop. We will be looking in our mirror and a clear ‘hand on the head’ signal will be seen and we will stop at next safe area
11. We will carry snacks and water
12. If you flag us down you have the option of travelling in the Support vehicle if you are cold or tired, etc. Bike will go in van
13. Call 999 immediately for any emergency that requires medical attention and then call your Tour Leader
14. You will have opportunity to provide feedback on all aspects of the tour once completed. If there is something that you feel strongly needs to be brought to our attention before that, then we welcome your comments and suggestions
Day 1 – Inverness to Strathcarron
Day 2 – Strathcarron to Loch Maree
Lights on for this section as soon as you leave hotel please: the mist can drop like a heavy blanket and appear as suddenly and unexpectedly as Arthur’s mattress in the Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy
Day 3 – Loch Maree to Ullapool
CAN’T THINK OF ANYTHING HERE – MUST’VE BEEN PRETTY BORING … except the Gorge – that was nice
Day 4 – Ullapool to Durness
‘The Lochinver Pass’, ‘The Drumbeg Loop’ or ‘The Wee mad road of Sutherland’
Whatever you choose to call it this 24 mile loop linking Lochinver to Unapool along the coast is simply a stunning place to be in the world. You’ll find out for yourself today.
I wish you sunshine and a clear sky to see it at its best.
Day 5 Durness to Thurso
Swimspots on the North Coast:
Ceannabeine Beach just past Sangobeg as you leave Durness and
the Beach at Sandside Bay behind Reay Golf Club
Day 6 Thurso to Lairg
Warning re the Lorries as this is The North of Scotland Timber Haulage Route.
Funded by them so they have more right to be there than us so WE have to thank THEM for being able to avoid the A9
Day 7 Lairg to Inverness
The beautiful Black Isle – any Ian McEwan fans? The Wasp Factory was set here. Strange Book