Cycle Chaves to Faro in 6 Days.
Approximately 120 km and 1,700 meters per day.
Suitable for the 'Avid' Rider.
With its mild climate, 3,000 hours of sunshine per year, Portugal is the perfect cycling holiday destination! This is a country that has the oldest borders in Europe, with an exceptional range of different landscapes to pedal through. Tradition and modernity blend together in perfect harmony. Its superb cuisine, fine wines and hospitable people make for a cycling tour to never forget!
Portugal is accepting tourists and travellers from the UK! Why not join us and cycle the Portugal End-to-End from the 4th to 10th September 2021?! This awesome road cycling tour is for the Avid cyclist and averages approximately 120 km and 1,700 metres of climbing per day. Saturday 4th September is arrival day and then we cycle for six full days with a finish in Faro on 10th September 2021.
We cycle the length of this wonderful country from North to South. The tour starts in Chaves - located in Northern Portugal, next to the shores of Tâmega river and only a few kilometres away from Spain, Chaves is a city that has both a natural beauty and an incomparable historical and cultural legacy.
Accommodation is in good quality hotels that we have personally selected and visited. You will enjoy a fantastic breakfast each morning to fuel you for the day. The price is £1,100 on a twin or double share basis. Single rooms are available on payment of an additional single supplement of £300. Your luggage will be transferred each day. Our support van will be there in a jiffy if you need any assistance during the day. Water and bars and snacks are available without limit each day!
There is a lot of choice when it comes to stopping off for lunch in local cafés and restaurants. Lunch and evening meals are not included in the price. On occasions you may choose to have an evening meal together with the group, or you are free to stroll around and explore the local cuisine which Portugal is known for!
Price - £1,100 Per Person Sharing. Some single rooms are available for an additional supplement of £300.
What is included in the tour
- Airport transfer from Porto Airport at the start (additional fee may apply)
- Airport transfer to Faro Airport at the end (additional fee may apply)
- Accommodation and breakfast in great hotels
- Luggage transfer
- Advice on places to stop for your morning coffee
- Water, Soft drinks, fruit, cakes and bars en route
- Van and mechanical support
- GPX route files
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunches - there are many cafés, bars and restaurants along the way
- Evening meals - Our stopovers all have reasonably priced restaurants and pubs nearby and most of the hotels have good dining. Breakfast IS included
- Optional trips / entry fees for any excursions you arrange independently
- Insurance - you need to organise your own bike and travel insurance as required
- Gels, high energy bars, energy powder and shakes - bring your own as per what works best for you and your tummy!
The Portugal End-to-End tour is a challenging tour with some longer days in the saddle. Days vary, but generally the route has some climbs of medium difficulty and a few which are challenging. You will most likely need to train for the event and ensure you are fit enough to complete the distance and climbing.
The tour is primarily on quiet roads with a small number of joining sections on busier roads. Some cycling in towns and cities is necessary, particularly at the start and end of the day. Roads are generally well surfaced and suitable for road bike tires of 25 mm or more. We recommend a good quality and well-fitted road bike with dropped handlebars. If bringing your bike in a box, we can remove it and return it to you at the end of the tour. The route is very scenic with the following itinerary (note figures may differ slightly):
- Day 1 Arrival Day
- Day 2 Chaves to Peso de Regua - 90 km 1470 m
- Day 3 Peso de Regua to Tondela - 106 km 1890 m
- Day 4 Tondela to Serta - 140 km 2400 m
- Day 5 Serta to Montargil - 110 km 1300 m
- Day 6 Montargil to Aljustrel - 162 km 1500 m
- Day 7 Aljustrel to Faro - 120 km 1400 m
The tour starts in the beautiful and historical town of Chaves on the first date of the advertised tour with a detailed briefing. We then prepare our bikes and spend the night in the our hotel. This first night is included in the price of the tour.
Please contact us if you have other travel requirements you wish to discuss and we will do our best to assist!
Departing at the End
The tour finishes in Faro. From here you can arrange your onward travels. We can provide transfer from our finish point to Faro Airport.