Cycle the Croatian Islands in 6 Days with Gulet Yacht Accommodation
From Split to Dubrovnik. Approximately 70 km and 1,200 meters of climbing per day.
Suitable for the 'Active' Rider.
The Croatian Islands are a truly pleasurable cycling experience. Without busy mainland traffic these beautifully maintained tarmac roads are a joy to ride with climbs that open up at every corner with a glorious vista. The clear water in all of the bays in Croatia viewed from on high are absolutely spectacular! Our Luxury Yacht provides the best in comfort accommodation from which to explore the southern Islands of Croatia’s extensive and world renowned archipelago. These superb routes have been carefully put together to provide our clients with the right combination of holiday and fitness fun. Enough cycling to feel a wonderful sense of achievement and the satisfaction of being able to see the islands from an eco friendly vantage point!
Price from - £2,500 Per Person Sharing. Single rooms are not available for this tour.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation on a luxury gulet yacht!
- Breakfast and evening meals on the yacht
- Advice on places to stop for your morning coffee
- Water, Soft drinks, fruit, cakes and bars en route
- Support cyclist / guide on all the routes
- GPX route files
- Transfer to Dubrovnik Old Town or Airport on Departure Day
What is NOT included in the tour
- Airport transfer at the start from Split to Sumpetar Marina is available for an additional cost
- Optional trips / entry fees for any excursions you arrange independently
- Insurance - you need to organise your own bike and travel insurance as required
- Gels, high energy bars, energy powder and shakes - bring your own as per what works best for you and your tummy!
- Flights to Split / from Dubrovnik
1. The Dingac Tunnel Descent
2. The Ancient City of Ston
3. Korcula Old Town
4. Vis Island - location of the filming of Mama Mia 2
5. The port of Hvar
6. Mljet National Park
7. The spectacular descent into Trpanj
8. Our splendid yacht, Linda!
The tour is mostly on quiet island roads with a small number of joining sections on busier roads. Some cycling in towns and cities is necessary. Roads are generally well surfaced and suitable for road bike tires of 25 mm or more. We recommend a good quality and well-fitted road bike with dropped handlebars. If bringing your bike in a box, we can remove it and return it to you at the end of the tour. The route is very scenic with the following itinerary (note figures may differ slightly):
- Day One - Arrival in Split on the Croatian mainland and prepare
- Day Two – Cycle Brac island
- Day Three – Cycle Hvar island
- Day Four – Cycle Viz island
- Day Five – Cycle Korcula island
- Day Six – Cycle Peljesac peninsula
- Day Seven – Cycle Peljesac peninsula with a finish in Slano Harbour
- Day Eight – Bus transfer to Dubrovnik
Please note that the boat motors between the islands generally in the early hours of the morning.
Transfers can be arranged to the yacht for you and your bike from Split Airport, Croatia. We then prepare our bikes and spend the night on the yacht. This first night is included in the price of the tour. We sail to Brac Island early in the morning (you may well still be snoozing in your cabin!) and begin cycling after a hearty breakfast aboard this stunning boat.
Please contact us if you have other travel requirements you wish to discuss and we will do our best to assist!
Departing at the End
The tour finishes with a stunning ride on the Peljesac peninsula followed by a 'Captain's Dinner' on our yacht which by now will feel like home.
We spend the night on the boat before transferring you to Dubrovnik Old Town or Dubrovnik Airport (this transfer is included in the Tour Price) . Approximate arrival time in Dubrovnik is 'lunch time' (12 - 2pm).
This ends our wonderful tour and you will then travel on as per your own arrangements.
We do recommend an overnight stay in Dubrovnik to fully appreciate this highly acclaimed World Heritage Site.